Friday, April 2, 2010

Our 'Undercover Boss'

My daughter came to me and started asking me questions about "Good Friday". As I was talking to her I was reminded of that show called, "Undercover Boss". It has a really good concept where the big boss goes undercover and does all the "little jobs". He experiences and feels what it is like to have the jobs that keeps his business going. I then thought of Jesus and how He came to earth, lived as a human, experienced the same things we experience, tempted as we are tempted, Satan at Him constantly, suffered, wept, mourned, had anger, joy, etc. Our "boss" knows what we go through. He experienced so much and was willing to do it in order to bring salvation to us...the little, sinful human beings. How awesome is that?
I also began to think about my husbands experience yesterday. He was having a frustrating day. One of the guys that he has been working with out on the streets and has gotten fairly close to was acting odd. He was yelling at people and just acting crazy. We know that sometimes he does this because people harass him and so he just decides to act the part if that is what people think of him. Anyway, my husband was trying to calm him down and even got him to apologize to some of the people he was yelling at. But, in the mean time it was discouraging to my husband to see him acting this way. He finally went off by himself and just started crying to God. He expressed how he didn't think he was doing much good out there. After he got done expressing himself to God, he got up and one of the homeless men we have tried and tried to reach out to, but wouldn't have anything to do with us was standing there. He talked to my husband for a couple minutes and started to leave, turned around and yelled, "Hey Mike! I love you man!" My husband and I both have tears as he is telling me this story. This was HUGE! God caused that man to say those words at the exact time my husband needed to hear them. He went on down the road and another homeless guy stopped him and said, "I just want you to know how much we appreciate you guys out here." Wow! OK, God...I get the hint. Walking closer to home another man who we hadn't seen for a long time yelled, "Hey Mike! Come here! I want you to know how much I appreciate you being out here and the work you do. Can I share you my story?"
As my husband is telling me these stories, we are just overwhelmed and in tears. God knew from experience with being the "undercover boss" what it is like to feel like you are hitting your head against a brick wall at times. He knows what it feels like to be homeless. He knows what it feels like to feel alone and rejected even by your own people, He knows what it feels like to be worn out and tired. So, he sent those three men to share these special words at the right time and place and He was telling us, "Keep up. You are doing what I have called you to do. I know how you feel. I am here for you." Isn't it wonderful to have a God who understands what we are going through, we can pour out our hearts to Him and He understands? God is so GOOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home