Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Sweet Baby Girl

My baby girl had her birthday yesterday. She turned 11. It is so hard to believe how quickly she grew up. I was talking to someone recently and they said that it was so sad how fast their child was growing up. I said, "Yes, I understood that it was sad on one hand, but so exciting on the other." It is sad because you enjoy them so much as a baby and learning things, giving you hugs and kisses all the time, saying those cute little words when they are first talking, all those fun things. But, it is exciting because you are continuing to watch them grow into young ladies or young men. You are a little closer to seeing what they will grow up to be and what God has in store for their lives. You are a little closer to being and having a friend to talk to instead of a child who you have to raise up and not just be a buddy.
"Children are a blessing from the Lord."
She is such a wonderful daughter. I thank God everyday for the gift He gave me when He gave me her. She is very kindhearted, loving, giving, sharing, she accepts things as they come, she is dainty, she has so much faith, she can get along with any age a person she is around, and many more things. She has many qualities about her that a person could learn from. I have seen her go up and talk to little children that are way younger than she is, teenagers, young adults, older people. People have always said that she makes them feel so good and important. She will give people that are smelly and dirty back rubs. I have seen her when things are bad financially say, "Mom, it is going to be fine. God is going to provide what we need. Isn't that what you taught me?" I have seen her sale her favorite toys in order for others to receive what they needed. I have seen her use her money that she worked for and buy her little brother a toy or clothes. She is a wonderful young lady and I am so proud of her. She isn't perfect. Nobody is.
Yesterday, as I said earlier, was her birthday. She was so accepting and didn't complain once. She usually has her Mamaw here to celebrate with, but she was unable to come out this time. She said that was fine. She understood. She didn't get a gift from us because of our money situation right now and she was okay with that and never complained. She wanted her daddy to be home with her, but he couldn't take off of work. She didn't even know if she was going to have a meal or cake and never once pressured us or complained about it. She was so accepting of the whole thing. Well, we ended up that our church family insisted on giving us money for her birthday meal and a cake. She was so excited and joyful. She received a box from her Mamaw and enjoyed all the gifts she sent. We had fun in the evening as a family. I was so glad that God provided for this young lady to have a special day. She was well deserving of it and God is going to reward her one day.
I love you, sweet baby girl. You keep growing in the way of the Lord and He will bless you. I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

1 Comments:

At July 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Angela, it sounds like you are raising a wonderful young lady! She sounds like such a joy to you and Mike and an encouragement to all around her. Hope she had a great birthday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home