Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Mother's Day is a special day that is well deserved to all those women who have sacrificed so much for those bundles of joy they receive. It is wonderful to see those mothers out there that love their children unconditionally and are so proud of their kids and who they grow up to be.

This year as we celebrate, it has been different for me. This is our first Mothers Day in the ministry God has called us to with the homeless. I can't help but think of those women out there that came from such horrible, abusive homes. One of our women that we are very close to was raised in a home where her parents were strung out on drugs, tortured her, didn't feed her, and gave her up as a child prostitute. Eventually she was even sold to their drug lord as a child, he took off with her, got her pregnant and then left her all alone. Where was her mother? Her mother was suppose to love her, take care of her, protect her. I'm sure today is a tough day as she thinks what kind of mother she had.

I have also met several women who gave up their children because they didn't know how to take care of them. I know they hurt and they miss their children. It breaks your heart when you talk to them and you see in their eyes the hurt and pain. I have left many times from talking to these women and I'll be in tears with such a heavy heart. I put myself in their situation and can't imagine losing my children. I would think that you would just lose all hope and joy in life when you know you can't be with them, love them, and care for them.

So, as you celebrate this day for the mother you had who loved you or the children you have that you love with all your heart and would do anything for them...think and say a prayer for those children out there that don't have a mother to protect them or those moms who have no means to care for their children.

Keep up the good work, ladies!
Keep sacrificing for those children.
Keep loving them unconditionally.
Watch for another child or even a woman who could use your example and love.

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2010 at 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you do lose all hope and joy..... I know. Being a mother was the most important part of my life.....it was the only thing in my life that I felt that I had done a good job I had really accomplished something ~ made a difference in this world. But after 38 yrs I found out that I failed ~ I was an unfit mother. So this was a very difficult Mother's Day for me.

 
At May 10, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Angela said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost all hope and joy and that you had such a rough Mothers Day. I want to encourage you to start a new relationship with your child. I'm sure your child still looks up to you. It is amazing how deep the bond is between a mother and child. It can always be started over again if both parties are willing to work it out. Don't give up and feel like a total failure. It sounds like all this time that you have had a relationship with them, so the child still much love and appreciate you to have kept you in their life. I hope it works out. I will be praying that you will have the strength and courage to talk to your child and get this settled. Don't prolong because it will make it harder to ever get around to doing it. Let your child know you weren't perfect, as none of us are, acknowledge what was done,and that you love them so very much and then commit to starting over with them. You will be amazed at how things will grow between you if you will just take these steps. You may even have a deeper relationship by the end of it. I have seen it so many times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home