Sunday, January 25, 2009

Feeling Blessed and Enjoying Life

Wow! I have enjoyed this last week tremendously. You are probably expecting some big thing to have happend, but it really didn't. Someone else looking at my life would probably wonder what was so exciting. You may look at my life and say that my life looks boring, looks pathetic, we struggle financially, we didn't get to go out and do anything exciting....what in the world could be exciting about my life this week? Well, I have done a lot of growth within myself. I had some lightbulb moments this week that the Lord showed me that I needed to come to terms with and it has been great. I feel such freedom within myself. A couple of things that I learned is how to forgive and move on to the future. We need to let go of the past. It really does pull us down and I feel such a load off of myself. It doesn't mean that I forget the hurts, but it is a daily choice to move forward and to not let it bog me down. Another thing I was reminded is that we should all be real with eachother. I know I appreciate people are real and not being one way with me and then turning around and stabbing me in the back and being a different person with someone else. I have been around a lot of fake people in my life and it is tiring. You don't know who you can trust. Let's just all be real with eachother and let the other person decide if they want to accept you or not. If we are all being fake, then we have fake relationships and nothing real. One other big thing I was reminded of this week is to let things go and allow God to work. There was an issue I wanted to work at and control, but I gave it to God and just prayed about the situation fervently and he is answering my prayers in His way which is way better than I could have ever done.
So, there is why I am feeling blessed and loving life! I have grown within, I have seen God at work within my life, I have God, I have life, and He has given me a wonderful little family that I love so very much!

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Patty said...

I think the "art" of forgiveness is the hardest lesson to learn in this life. When we or our family is wronged, we want to strike back and hurt others. I have been dealing with a lot of this lately as well. God has blessed me so wonderfully that at times, I think "how dare you even question anything He brings into your life". However, we are still humans, but oh, how thankful I am for His Grace and mercy. We are allowed to begin a new day of His mercy each and every day!

I hope you have another great week. :) Take care. Hope your kids are doing well. My grandbabies are all sick right now--yuck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home